Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Daniel Nistico in Concert at Charles Nodrum Gallery

 I've been studying composition for classical guitar with Daniel Nistico, Daniel Nistico for about 2 years. In one of our lessons, Daniel mentioned that it would be good to play some of my compositions in an environment where some of my paintings were hanging. I mentioned that I have an exhibition on at Charles Nodrum Gallery in Richmond, so he enthusiastically suggested he play there. At the last hour of my show, Daniel gave an intimate performance of all 9 of my compositions. What a way to end an exhibition and what a privilege to have such a fantastic guitarist play any composers music.

Below are some pics by Deborah Klein of the recital.

The compositions were as follows - 

The Little Waltz

Waltz #2

Maillardet's Automaton Comes to Life

Autumn Fades

Farewell

Remembering the Celts

The Four Seasons

Deborah's Pictures








Explaining what Maillardet's Automaton is with a painting I did of it.



It was a small audience which was perfect for the space and the occasion.









Introducing the music