Friday, September 23, 2011

Artist talks at Maroondah Art Gallery




During my recent self portrait exhibition at Maroondah Art Gallery I gave a few talks, which I enjoyed very much. Some young art students from Sacre Coeur College came along one afternoon. I happened to have a painting in progress in the car so I talked to them about how I do a painting and showed them a few technical procedures. This was a coincidence because I had no intention of doing this, it was just that I had been painting outdoors and I went straight to the gallery from the site. At my other talk, most of the people were artists who had come over from their life class. I always appreciate it when people come along to any artist talk because it's like sharing knowledge and ideas with like minded spirits. Thankyou Wendy Garden for taking the photos.